He's awesome and cute!
Today is my hubby's birthday (yay!) I bought him some wonderful and weird things...
and I made for him the most amazing thing yet...
here's what you need!
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 300 g white sugar
- 225 g softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 55 g cocoa powder
- 3 g baking soda
- 2 g salt
- 360 g milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
- Beat the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy and smooth. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips and bacon. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
They are definetly something i will be making again! The bacon just somehow makes the cookies moist and gooey but light as well!
Treated the hubby to a birthday lunch with friends as we went on a nice walk through the barbican area en route...
It was a nice day for Hubby, currently its nearly two in the morning and he isn't home yet after being taken out for drinks by some friends...good for him! He deserves it!
Happy birthday Awesome hubby and thanks to all who made his day great! :)