Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Date night!

Me and Mr B took a nice, spontaneous date out for some munchies at the local Pizza Express...yummy!

 there's something great about kicking back mid-week with a few cold ones
 I really, really enjoyed my Valentine Warner's Fennel and Salami Pizza

said by pizza express themselves - "One of Valentine's favourite ingredients, this recipe celebrates fabulous fennel. Valentine has sourced delicious soft fennel salami from award-winning charcuterie Trealy Farm, which he then adds to a classic base with passata, fennel seeds, chilli flakes and mozzarella. The pizza is finished with grana padano, and topped with rocket and finely sliced fresh fennel tossed in lemon oil and lemon zest."

The taste was so clean and light and deliscious..i cant begin to describe how good this is! Fennel is an under rated ingrediant and I love it so this pizza was great for me!

Plus with a side of Rocket and Grana Pandano Salad...mmm...mmmmmmmmm!

 Hubby had the Calabrese Pizza "Spicy Calabrese sausage D.O.P, hot soft n'duja sausage, finely chopped red chillies, roquito peppers, red & yellow peppers, mozarella, rocket, pesto, oregano, grana padano" - he officially loves this pizza big time!

But the bonus for me was the afters...Dolcetti which is mini dessert that comes with coffee...except I hate the stuff and was able to swap it for fresh mint tea....with real mint!

Caffè Reale

Baby figs, cinnamon & white wine spiced syrup, mascarpone

this dessert is one of my top three favourites of all time! I just love the figs in this spiced syrup! It taste like christmas as hubby puts it, I really was blissed out enjoying this Dolcetti!
 I think this inspires me to go back to making peppermint tea like this, the favour is just unbeatable and it did wonders for my stomach and such!

 Pizza Express

The food was yummy, the company was great (thank you hubby!) and it was a great time! Good times! :)

birdie love!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO