Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Craft share- Forget-me-not!

Hello! I hope you are all well!

Permit me to share with you this latest craft share of wonderfully crafted goods from around the globe following the trend today - forget-me nots.
These flowers are a bit neglected and forgotten today, I grew up seeing these tiny sweet flowers everywhere now I very rarely see them. Wonder if they are not so common these days?
Forget-me-nots have many meanings to them -

  • "In a German legend, God named all the plants when a tiny unnamed one cried out, "Forget-me-not, O Lord!" God replied, "That shall be your name."[4]
  • Henry IV adopted the flower as his symbol during his exile in 1398, and retained the symbol upon his return to England the following year.[4]
  • In 15th-century Germany, it was supposed that the wearers of the flower would not be forgotten by their lovers. Legend has it that in medieval times, a knight and his lady were walking along the side of a river. He picked a posy of flowers, but because of the weight of his armour he fell into the river. As he was drowning he threw the posy to his loved one and shouted "Forget-me-not." It was often worn by ladies as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love." source
Forget-me-nots are perhaps commonly known for the meanings relating to love, especially one of a quiet, true and deep love, one that was shared by many lovers over the years.

Here's to the humble yet beautiful forget-me-not!

Forget Me Not Mini Garland - Cotton Crochet Floral Banner in Blue and Moss Green
Forget-me-nots

The inspiration for this posting! Forget-me nots are, well....easy to forget! Small and well-hidden, we tend to over-look these stunning blue flowers so easily and this 1 meter long crocheted line of forget-me-nots is rather sweet. I mean, that wonderful dusky blue of the flowers just makes the whole thing pop with sweetness!
I can see this hung up across a wall, I so very much like the design! I love it!



FORGET ME NOT handmade vintage chenille pillow cover 14 X 14 floral cushion cover
forget-me-not pillow   
This is a stunningly lovely, tactile pillow.  Its cool blue shade gives the chenille a lovely contrast. I very much coming to appreciate chenille, a fabric that is very much american. I do remember touching chenillie in my childhood and played with the fluffiness of it, tracing the designs with my fingers. I think this pillow is well put together and beautifully makes the most of the fabric and its designs.


LoveBom (Forget-Me-Not)
seed bomb


LoveBom (Forget-Me-Not) LoveBom (Forget-Me-Not) LoveBom (Forget-Me-Not)

LoveBom contains contains Forget-Me-Not seeds, a wildflower known for its masses of tiny blue flowers. Symbolic of faithfulness and enduring love.
Seedboms are handmade in the UK from recycled, organic, eco-friendly and biodegradable materials. The packaging is produced from 95% pre and post consumer recycled waste, is printed using vegetable based inks and is glue free.

It isn't the first time I've featured seed bombs on this blog and I doubt it will be the last! I love the entire concept behind it and I will promote it where I can! You throw it! Grow it! Enjoy it!
I very much love the range of flowers in Loveboms range, especially the four pack which gives you a variety! Somehting like this would be much enjoyed by the green fingered members of my family (especially my aunt who is a landscape designer/gardener for the council and many private companies)


Forget Me Not - Delicate Sterling Silver Flower Stacking Ring
Ring

"Handcrafted in our London based studio, this piece draws inspiration from the Victorian 'language of flowers' by featuring a sterling 'forget me not' flower, which is said to represent true love..."

Small, quiet, simple but beautiful. This ring seems to capture all the qualities of a Forget-me-not. True love is is quiet, it should'nt need to be loud and brash, you dont need to shout it out and announce it for all to see. This ring is small and discreet and I admire it for that. We wear alot of "shouty" jewellery when it comes to love and affection. (Have you seen what passes for an engagement ring these days?! I'm suprised a woman can still lift her hands!) So something like this is rather sweet, sincere and meaningful. I would love to wear this!



Lingerie Panty Forget Me Not Panty - 100% Cotton
panties

Forget me not sir?
Not whilst wearing these little panties he wont!
So sweet but still not-so innocent-that -butter-wouldn't-melt-in-my-mouth! These are the panties many a lady would love to lounge around in! And a wonderful design combined with that chintzy floral design!




Blue floral lariat. Forget-me-not bouquet polymer clay necklace. Handcrafted unique jewelry. FREE SHIPPING. Made to order
lariat




I rather like Lariat necklaces, they are not very commonly sold in shops and I think Ive seen so many rather boring, and poorly designed lariats that it has put me and other people off. But a lariat suits something of a design like this. All those flowers and leaves you see?
They are handamde from Polymer clay.
I'm actually very impressed with the finished look and the clay itself gives it a fragile edge! A very pretty lariat necklace and perhaps one of the better ones Ive seen in a long time!




Crochet Flower Clip, "Forget Me Not", azure blue flower with ginger green leaves
flower clip
Im not a huge flowers-in-the-hair fan but this little clip is really rather sweet and I like it quite a lot!  Of course you could wear it where ever you like! Beautifully simple but stunning and I can already see myself weaing this - yes, in my hair!- during a long summer's day!




Bead Embroidery Baby Booties Alaskan Forget Me Nots
baby booties

Awwww! Now who could forget an bouncing baby wearing these lovelies on their little tooties? So simply but beautifully effective and the beading really does make what was a simple pair of boots into something really delicately special. Bravo! so wonderful!



Mint Aqua Blue Rose & Forget Me Nots - Velvet Millinery - Hair Jewel
fascinator

Oooh! How  laviously lovely is this little 'hair jewel' made by Roselani Jasmin? So wonderfully lushious and the colours are well chosen and off-set each other so beautifully well. I love the casade of beads down the side!


What a beautiful variety of crafted goodies! As always, it is a pleasure to take note and celebrate the works of craftsters and appreciate the beauty and effort put into their wares!

Birdie Love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO