Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

London at a glance and Collectif Clothing

finally managed to get the photos up of London!

Portobello Road food market / Cath Kidson Goodies / Cath Kidson Shop front / hand embroidered Kidson Cowboy bag - lust! / breakfast at the private BnB / Collectif shop in Portobello - my new fav place for pin-up clothing! / Free Kisses! / Spicy pork and broccoli pizza / amazing toy shop sign




Al fresco dining in quiet Portobello in the evening / V V Rouleaux ribbons /  Kings Library in British Library / tiny sweet balcony area / thread reel fabrics / Missoni scarves - i want one! / view from the bathroom where I was staying / Inside Libertys

London was great, I stayed in the wonderful Ladbrooke Grove, a stone throw away from the famous Portobello Road. I really do recommend Portobello on a quiet weekday, you still have stalls and shops open but its so quiet and you can really enjoy the surroundings without the crowds and noise...it really did feel a world away from London!

Now lets talk shopping!

Firstly, I recommend to you vintage darlings Collectif Clothing, a wonderful 40's and 50's style clothing website I been admiring for years but as I've never tried on the clothes, I wasn't too sure of their sizing and didn't want to be stuck with clothes i couldn't return...so coming across this small clothes shop on Portobello was a treat and had to go in.
The style dresses on display were pretty much classic designs and fabrics with retro twists. If you love vintage and the pin-up girl look...you'll love it here!
I will warn you that the sizes can be limited as they do sell out of sizes for the curvier ladies (size 16 and up) but if what you can't find in one dress, there is always another dress that is flatter you just as well!

I came away with two beauties...


Dolores Jersey Crepe Dress 0
Dolores Jersey Crepe Dress

I picked this little number up and was pleased that a size 16 (i put weight on recently...oops) fitted really well...the fabric had a nice stretch yet held things in really well and the little sleeves can be worn up on your shoulders or off shoulders for that Dolce Vita style! Simple but stunning and has a wow factor that so easy to under-estimate until you try it on! This really showed off my curves so yummily well and had me bopping around in the changing room to the 50's pop music playing in the shop...its that good! I wore it last week out for an end-of-week drinks and gotten compliments ahoy!

And a nice wardrobe staple for £55? - not bad at all!


Dolores Top Flamingo Print 0
dolores top flamingo print


I also picked up this little cutie too!
Again the style and fabric of the garment was generous enough that I could fit into a size 14 with my 36DD boobs and didn't look I was being squeezed into it!
Similar to the top of the dolores dress, i know its a style that suits me well and makes my small waist look even tinier!
The print is pinky-fuscia, not the usual colours I would pick but it's so darn cute with the flamingos and the slight Alice in Wonderland feel to it.
This top again, has been received well and comfty to wear yet looks great, especially for £25!

I now feel confident enough to trust the sizing at Collectif Clothing that I'm already regularly checking the website looking for the next purchase and deal! They are clearly aiming their products are the curvier style and girls and to be honest, their clothes look great if you possess some curves! 40's and 50's style only works well if you are size 14 and above I find, dont you?

check out Collectif Clothing  here!


I shall hopefully upload some pictures soon of me wearing the Collectif clothes I have so you can see for youself on a more curvy lass!


Hope you are well!
Have you got any brands I should look out for?


Birdie Love
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO