Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

The Graphic Art of the Harry Potter Films























I was given the heads up by friends about a small gallery exhibition held at Coningsby Gallery in London, near the Goodge Street underground station so as I knew I was passing by, I decided to pop in and have a look around!

It was great to see up close all the small details that went into creating the world of Harry Potter for all the films...from newpapers, book covers right down to sweet packaging and labels, the details is immense.

The exhibit allows you to see the details and the art work you might not be able to pick up on in the films...believe me there is so much of it!
I very much love the book covers especially the ones about Muggles and defence against the dark art school books the students of Hogwarts would have had to carry around!
My favourite piece?

The sample of potion bottles labels, the little purple Love Potion box and finally of them all...

The little map of Diagon Alley...for me that captures the world of Harry Potter perfectly and I love the first movie for that scene alone where Harry discovers it for the first time.....plus i'm looking forward to now visiting Diagon Alley in universal Studios next year!
Aww yeah! Geek? Me?

It is worth a visit to this small gallery if you're in the area. It is small and you be hard stretched to make it last for an hour but the quality overall is great. What more, if you can afford it, you can buy the pieces shown as prints!

Visit the Coningsby Gallery website here

Coningsby Gallery

30 Tottenham Street
London
W1T 4RJ
United Kingdom

Do let me know if you go!


Birdie Love
xxx

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO