Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Wizard of Oz quilt!


I don't think I could go much longer without showing you these lovely pictures taken of an amazing quilt I saw at a recent craft show! I cannot recall who made it but believe it to originate from Exeter?
Just look at the amazing colours and detailings of each character panel!







The quilt was huge! I would say close to maybe kingsize perhaps and the skill needed to work each panel and bring it together to create this huge, beautiful beast is just staggering! I couldnt get a picture of the whole piece as sadly, where they mounted it was in the demonstration hall by an auditorium where it was forever tightly packed with the comings and goings of people.
(note to the exhibitioners - mount beutiful things like this in a good space where it can be seen and appreciated properly! Not some crummy corner tucked away!)

I'm not sure which is my favourite panel....I love the flying monkey but the sweeteness of Glinda the good witch with the detailing of the cowardly Lion are just as amazing!

What do you think?

Birdie love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO